As the result of an architectural competition for an extensive renovation, this project was realized in cooperation with a team of architects. The pews can now be placed flexibly, and mobile stage elements allow for a varied use of the space, for instance for concerts and other events.
The formal design aspects of the furnishing take second place to the baroque architecture from 1789 and blend in naturally. The pews as well as the altar, pulpit and prayer space with corner booths are all new and complemented by candlesticks and offertory boxes. An interesting design process lead to a modern metalwork interpretation of the tree of baptisms. All these renovations are aimed at a long useful life of the building.
Fahrländer Scherrer Architekten, Zürich
Altar engraving: Maria Rosa Jehle, Zürich
Photography: Hannes Henz, Zürich / Eliane Schilliger, Zürich